This school, built in 1961 was not part of the original Westside. It was included as a modification to the Sixth Grade Center court ordered integration plan of 1970.
The school is named to honor Dr. Quannah S. McCall who was born in Oklahoma in 1902, and graduated from Western Dental College in 1925. He began his dental practice in Pioche, Nevada in 1925. In 1940 he moved his practice to Las Vegas. He was active in many professorial and community organizations and was a Las Vegas School Board president for seven years in the late 1940's and early 50's. The cap he is wearing in the above photograph represents his participation with the International Tuberculosis and Lung Disease organization. His death in 1958 marked the end of many years of service to the community.